Most of machineries contain moving parts such as bearings, gears, slides, and shafts, and the optimal operation of mechanical devices are greatly influenced by the smooth movements and durability of such moving parts.
It is essential to precisely understand and restrict or adjust, if necessary, frictions and abrasive wears in order to ensure the reliability and durability of machinery parts. In that sense, tribometer is crucial equipment which satisfies the needs of industries by precisely measuring the degree of frictions or abrasive wears.
It uses a ball on disk method to apply load on the ball. It calculates the depth of wear and friction during the rotation of the disk through the load cell attached to the ball supports.
• Ball/Pin on disk type
• PC-controlled data acquisition and analysis
• High resolution load cell
• High-precision feedback system to control the revolution per minute(rpm)
• Automation switch off at the specific value of friction or number of cycles
• Built in temperature and humidity sensors
• Easy and automated calibration procedures
• Table top installation
• User customizable sample holder
• Humidity control
• Temperature control